NAMI FaithNet is a resource network of NAMI members, friends, clergy and congregations of all faith traditions who wish to encourage faith communities who are welcoming and supportive of persons and families living with mental illness.
Rev. Kathy Dale McNair, our FaithNet coordinator, is actively reaching out to faith communities. She can equip faith communities with tools as they respond to mental health concerns in their congregation and their community. If you are interested in finding out more about FaithNet, call Rev. McNair at 847-716-2252 to start the conversation!
FaithNet Mission Statement:
- Create awareness in faith communities about FaithNet resources and NAMI programs.
- Educate and equip faith leaders.
- Offer In Our Own Voice presentations with a faith focus.
- Encourage faith communities to get involved with mental health concerns.
- Help them build awareness and provide education. Then equip, collaborate, advocate.
- Build relationships with faith communities.
- Partner with other mental health organizations. Participate in clusters.