- Saturday | April 21, 2018
- 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Northmoor Country Club 820 Edgewood Rd. Highland Park, IL 60035
Our 2018 NAMI Gala will focus on what we can do to help military service members, veterans, and their families cope with a mental health condition.
Just because our service members make it home does not mean that their battle is over:
- 25% of current military service members have signs of a mental health condition.
- 14% of individuals deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- 14% have major depression
- 19% have experienced a probable traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Only about half of service members who need treatment for a mental health condition seek treatment, and only about half of them receive adequate treatment.
- 22 veterans commit suicide every day.
- Spouses of those with multiple or prolonged deployments have a greater risk of a mental health condition. Children have more emotional difficulties.
WHAT NAMI CCNS CAN DO TO HELP (WITH YOUR SUPPORT)
NAMI CCNS is uniquely positioned to help military service members, veterans, and their family members. We plan to:
- Offer an educational program (NAMI Homefront) at no charge. This program teaches participants how to recognize the signs of a mental health condition, break down the stigma against seeking help, manage a crisis, and obtain federal, state, and local support. Just as importantly, it teaches family members, caregivers, and friends how to care for themselves while helping their loved one.
- Increase offerings of our STABLE-ity program, which offers equine-facilitated psychotherapy in partnership with the Equestrian Connection.
- Work to offer a support group led by a qualified psychologist and a NAMI CCNS-trained veteran.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help military service members, veterans, and their families by attending, sponsoring , and/or donating an auction item to our Gala on Saturday April 21, 2018 at the Northmoor Country Club in Highland Park, Illinois.
Money raised at the Gala not only will be used to help NAMI CCNS support our military service members, veterans, and their families but also will be used to continue our other support groups and courses (including such nationally recognized courses as Family-to-Family and NAMI Basics) and increase course offerings in languages other than English.
Thank you for your generous support!
Steven and Ronna Warshauer
NAMI CCNS 2018 Gala Chairpersons