- February 4, 2018
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Kenneth Young Center 1585 W. Dempster, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
Connection Recovery Support Groups
NAMI Connections is a free, peer-led support group program for adults working on mental health recovery.You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there. Groups follow a structured model to ensure you and others have an opportunity to be heard and get what you need.
By sharing experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion, and a sense of community.
How are Connection Recovery Support Groups structured?
- Meets weekly for 90 minutes and is offered free of charge
- There is no need to register – just come when you feel like you want someone to talk to.
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies
- The groups are led by trained individuals who are in recovery themselves. They understand your daily challenges and can offer you encouragement and support.
- All groups are confidential – you can share as much or as little personal information as you feel comfortable with.
What People are Saying
“The group has enabled me to take a good look at my illness and see that I am not alone. The program has given me additional tools to not only accept my illness, but to help others along the way.”
“It isn’t just a bunch of sad stories. People are coming up with solutions and stuff to do for the next week. One of our group attendees is taking her meds and getting herself to her counselor and is just about able to go back to her career in great part due to Connections.”
Who can attend the NAMI Connection group?
All adults with mental illness, regardless of diagnosis. Everyone is a valued participant.
Join us for our next meeting and talk to someone
who understands … someone just like you.