- February 20, 2018
- 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- New Trier West High School, 7 N. Happ Rd, Northfield, IL
The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a FREE 12-week course for families and close friends of adults with mental illness. This course is taught by trained teachers who are also family members and know what it is like to have a loved one living with mental illness, such as major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and other disorders.
Many family members describe this experience as life-changing. Join the thousands of families, just like yours, who have gained information, understanding, and support.
Family to Family participants:
- Learn about family responses to the trauma of mental illness
- Receive current information on serious mental illnesses
- Learn about symptoms, medications and side effects
- Practice problem-solving skills and communication techniques
- Develop strategies for handling crises and relapses
- Learn about local community resources and supports
- Focus on self-care and coping with stress
Tuesday evenings, February 20 – May 15, (off Mar 27) 7 – 9:30 pm
Free, but REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, please call!
Commitment to attend the 12 classes is required