- June 20, 2018
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- McCormick Blvd, Skokie, IL 60076 South of Dempster, between Dempster Street and Main Avenue
- (847) 716-2252
How is NAMI Moves Structured?
- Meets weekly for 60 – 90 minutes, depending on how long you want to run. The location has paved trail loops and the distance can be extended.
- The first 15-20 minutes will be introductions and a program overview.
- There is no need to register – just come when you feel like you want someone to talk to or want to run/walk to help with recovery.
- NAMI Moves does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies.
- The groups are led by trained individuals who are in recovery themselves or have helped others recover. They understand your daily challenges and can offer you encouragement and support.
- All groups are confidential – you can share as much or as little personal information as you feel comfortable with.
- A NAMI Moves Facebook group will be available for participants. You can use that group to organize self-guided group run/walks on days that NAMI Moves does not meet.
Who can attend?
All adults with mental illness, regardless of diagnosis. Everyone is a valued participant.
Join us for our next run and talk to someone who understands … someone just like you.
When and where?
- Kick-off Thursday, July 12 at 6:30pm
- This will run every Thursday for 8 weeks (July 12 – September 6)
- Skokie Northshore Channel Park – South of Dempster, between Dempster Street and Main Avenue
- Rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather
*We do not advocate for using exercise in place of medications or other treatment. Consult with your healthcare provider before making any changes to treatment.