- Wednesday | May 30, 2018
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- 16400 Buckley Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 North Bay Pavilion
- Frank SaraccoStaff members
How is NAMI Moves Structured?
- Meets weekly for 60 – 90 minutes, depending on how long you want to run. The location has paved trail loops and the distance can be extended.
- The first 15-20 minutes will be introductions and a program overview.
- There will be two pace groups each lead by a peer. A faster group (8-10 minute per mile pace) and a run/walk group that (11-15 minute per mile). We’ll keep it at a comfortable pace that allows for conversation.
- There is no need to register – just come when you feel like you want someone to talk to or want to run/walk to help with recovery.
- NAMI Moves does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies.
- The groups are led by trained individuals who are in recovery themselves or have helped others recover. They understand your daily challenges and can offer you encouragement and support.
- All groups are confidential – you can share as much or as little personal information as you feel comfortable with.
- A NAMI Moves Facebook group will be available for participants. You can use that group to organize self-guided group run/walks on days that NAMI Moves does not meet.
Who can attend?
All adults with mental illness, regardless of diagnosis. Everyone is a valued participant.
Join us for our next run and talk to someone who understands … someone just like you.
When and where?
- Kick-off Wednesday, May 16 at 6pm
- As a pilot program this will run every Wednesday for 8 weeks. If the pilot is successful it will be extended beyond 8 weeks.
- Independence Grove, Libertyville, IL – North Bay Pavilion
- Rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather
*We do not advocate for using exercise in place of medications or other treatment. Consult with your healthcare provider before making any changes to treatment.