Do You Have a Child
with Mental Health Issues?
NAMI Basics for Parents Class provides Education and Support for You, Your Family, and Your Child with Mental Health Issues
FREE, seven-week course offered for parents/caregivers of school age children and adolescents with mental health issues.
• Introduction – it’s not your fault; these mental health issues are
• The biology of mental illness; getting an accurate diagnosis —, anxiety disorders, depression, ADD, ODD, OCD, childhood bipolar disorder, and others
• Treatment works – an overview of treatment options
• Tools for the toolbox – communication skills, problem solving, crisis preparation and response, handling challenging behaviors, relapse planning, and impact on family members
• Record keeping and dealing with the systems your child is involved in – school, mental health,and juvenile justice
Offered Spring 2016
Saturday Mornings, 9:00—11:30 am, April 16th through
May 21st, at the Chicago Behavioral Hospital,
555 Wilson Lane, Des Plaines.
Call 847-716-2252 for info and to register.
Commitment to attend the entire seven-week course is required.
Sponsored by NAMI Cook County North Suburban 847-716-2252 Visit www.namiccns.org