It may surprise you to learn that an average of one of every five of the employees at your company/organization will experience a mental health disorder each year. In fact, the World Health Organization reports that mental illness is the fourth leading cause of disability worldwide. Most people will struggle with mental illness at some point in their lifetime, either personally or through a close family member or friend. Unfortunately, despite the amount of people struggling with mental health related issues, the concept of mental illness is constantly stigmatized, avoided, and disregarded. As a result, those struggling with mental illness do not always receive the resources, support, and advocacy they need and deserve. NAMI CCNS is an organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with mental illness and those who love and care for them to provide just that.
On Sunday, September 24, 2017,(Evanston/Northwestern lakefront 5k walk/run) you have the opportunity to help by participating in our national walk/run. The goal is to raise both money and awareness. The proceeds from the 2017 WALK/RUN including money raised through corporate sponsorship will be used by NAMI CCNS in the following ways:
- To provide support to people with mental illness and to their families
- To educate families and those who have a mental illness
- To advocate for nondiscriminatory and equitable policies at the federal, state, and local level and in the private sector
- To advocate for improved opportunities for housing, rehabilitation, and meaningful jobs
- To support research into the causes, systems and treatments of brain disorders
- To support public education programs designed to help eliminate the pervasive stigma surrounding severe mental illness
We urge your organization to sponsor our Walk/RUN not just because of the visibility we can offer, but also because of the support and education NAMI CCNS provides for our community at large at no cost. With WALK/RUN funding, we hold support groups for those with severe mental illness and their families, teach classes to educate family members, police, and social workers about mental illness, and empower those with severe mental illness to educate the community.
Won’t you please help us meet the many needs of those with mental illness and their families by becoming a Walk sponsor? NAMI CCNS is requesting a sponsorship for our walk/run 2017. If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me at or at 847-716-2252 or email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your support.
Development Director NAMI CCNS