Do You Have A Loved One Living With Mental Illness?
The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a FREE 8-week course for families and close friends of adults with mental illness. This course is taught by trained teachers who are also family members and know what it is like to have a loved one living with mental illness, such as major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and other disorders.
Many family members describe this experience as life-changing. Join the thousands of families, just like yours, who have gained information, understanding, and support.
What you will gain:
- Learn about family responses to the trauma of mental illness
- Receive current information on serious mental illnesses
- Learn about symptoms, medications, and side effects
- Practice problem-solving skills and communication techniques
- Develop strategies for handling crises and relapses
- Learn about local community resources and supports
- Focus on self-care and coping with stress
What People Are Saying
"The course gave me hope that it will be okay, that I am not alone and reduced a lot of shame, guilt and hopelessness."
"I wish I'd known about this seven years ago when the problem began. I felt safe in this class. I was able to talk about things I haven't been comfortable expressing elsewhere."
"Before I took the course, I felt alone and overwhelmed dealing with my daughter’s mental illness. By taking this course, I have met others who are going through the same things I am and have learned about many resources that I never knew existed."
"I thought my wife and I knew just about everything there is to know about the system and the illness. Boy were we wrong. Without a doubt, this is the best support course I have had the privilege of taking part in, bar none."
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: please call 847-716-2252