- Wednesday | September 9, 2020
- 6:30 PM - 8:45 PM
- (847) 716-2252
- $FREE - Must RegisterRegistration
We invite you to this year’s NAMI Annual Meeting. You will hear about our accomplishments this past year, new and revised programs, and exciting new developments with our upcoming Annual Walk and you won’t want to miss our guest speaker, Dr. Ziffra.
Dr. Ziffra will discuss the management of mental illness in those with coexisting medical illnesses. He explores the ways in which mental illness can create challenges in managing medical illness, and vice versa. Dr. Ziffra shares strategies to overcome these challenges and to support patients with psychiatric and physical illnesses. The presentation will also include a discussion of how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected patients with mental illness.
Agenda for Virtual NAMI CCNS Annual Meeting
6:30 – 7:15PM
Welcome and Call to Order – Dick DeCleene (2-3 minutes)
Financial Report – Chic Marasa (5 minutes)
- 2019 Walk
- Annual Appeal
- Facebook Live Event
- Grants – Anne Kroemer / funder recognition (3 minutes)
Programs – Christine Somervill / ACTIONS (5 minutes)
- Education Classes
- Support Groups
- Community Education and Advocacy
- Nami Reads
- Nami Chats
- Stay tuned for online F2F; Basics is online
- Outreach – Sandra Shovers (2 minutes)
- Communications and Social Media – Kip Russell and Zech Gilbert (5 minutes)
- Housing Task Force – Judy Graff or Julie Savastio (2 minutes)
- Vision for 2020-21 – Nathaniel Ekman (5 minutes)
- Introduction of Jill Topolski, new Development Director
- Introduction of Todd Rose, Sue Ockerlund’s son
- Board Election Results – Dick DeCleene (2 minutes)
7:15 – 8:45PM
Introduction of Speaker – Nathaniel Ekman
Dr. Michael Ziffra – “Ask the Doctor” presentation
NAMIWalks is going to be a little different this year. We’re not canceling it – we wouldn’t think of it when our collective mental health needs are at their greatest. NAMI’s programs and advocacy are needed more than ever, and with your help, we are pleased to present a walk for our times, NAMIWalks Your Way Cook County North Suburban: A Virtual Event on October 10.
What is NAMIWalks Your Way?
On October 10, NAMIWalks will be a virtual experience and joined by NAMIWalks across the country. NAMIWalks Your Way means what it sounds like: participants get to make NAMIWalks their own. You can walk a 5K—through your neighborhood, around your backyard, on your treadmill. Or you can do something else meaningful and fun to celebrate our virtual walk day.
What participants are doing on event day:
- Walking alone or with a socially-distanced team
- Running alone or with a socially-distanced team
- Or any other movement-based, distance-based activity you like!
Take photos and videos and share your activity on a favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtag #NotAlone and #MentalHealthForAll. Together we can make a difference for people affected by mental illness – Mental Health for All
The only limit of NAMIWalks Your Way is the reach of your imagination and the breadth of your compassion. Share your ideas with us!
Register today and join us as we improve lives and our communities one step at a time.