- Wednesday | June 5, 2019
- 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Please call for location!
Do You Have a Loved One Living with Mental Illness? NAMI Cook County North Suburban Offers Free Family to Family Education Programs
The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a 12-session course for families and close friends of adults living with mental illness.
This course is taught by trained teachers who are also family members and know what it is like to have a loved one living with a mental health condition, such as major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia, and other disorders.
Many family members describe this experience as life-changing. Join the thousands of families, just like yours, who have gained information, understanding, and support.
FAMILY TO FAMILY PARTICIPANTS:
- Learn about family responses to the trauma of mental illness
- Receive current information on serious mental illnesses
- Learn about symptoms, medications, and side effects
- Practice problem-solving skills and communication techniques
- Develop strategies for handling crises and relapses
- Learn about local community resources and supports
- Focus on self-care and coping with stress
Free, but REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please call 847-716-2252 and ask for Moira. Commitment to attend the 12 week class is required.