- Tuesday | May 26, 2020
- 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Zoom Video Meeting Info, link & call-in numbers below
About the Facilitators: Our meeting group facilitators are trained by the National Alliance on Mental Illness as Peer Leaders and are not licensed professionals.
- Brian RootbergStaff members
In Our Own Voice: Living well in recovery takes us on a journey individuals who have a mental health diagnosis and are mastering the art of living well. Each is different. Each is enlightening. Each is a message of hope.
NAMI In Our Own Voice presentations change attitudes, assumptions and ideas about people with mental health conditions. These free, 40-, 60- or 90-minute presentations provide a personal perspective of mental health conditions, as leaders with lived experience talk openly about what it’s like to have a mental health condition.
This presentation provides:
- An opportunity to hear open and honest perspectives on a highly misunderstood topic
- A chance to ask leaders questions, allowing for a deeper understanding of mental health conditions and dispelling of stereotypes and misconceptions
- The understanding that people with mental health conditions have lives enriched by hopes, dreams and goals
- Information on how to learn more about mental health and get involved with the mental health community
What People Are Saying
“Amazing presentation with amazing presenters! You 100% erased any stigma I used to associate with mental illness.” -Audience member
“Several of the mental health staff stated that they saw recovery as a real option—for the first time ever.” -Audience member
“Presenting this program is the single most effective thing I am doing to maintain my mental health. Time after time, I see the audience respond with curiosity and interest. I know I am changing the face of mental illness and that I have transformed my pain into the power to make a difference.” -IOOV Program Leader
Register in advance for this webinar:
Register in advance for this FREE webinar: