- Thursday | October 4, 2018
- 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Deerfield Village Hall, Deerfield, IL
Do You Have a Child with Emotional or Behavioral Difficulties?
NAMI Basics for Parents Class provides Education and Support for You, Your Family, and Your Child
FREE six week course offered for parents or family caregivers of school-age children and adolescents with mental health issues. Classes include:
- Understanding the illnesses that are causing the behavioral difficulties
- The biology of mental illness; getting an accurate diagnosis – anxiety disorders, depression, ADD, ODD, OCD, childhood bipolar disorder, and others
- Tools for the toolbox – communication skills, problem solving, crisis preparation, handling challenging behaviors, and the impact on family members
- Record keeping and dealing with the systems your child is involved in – school, mental health, and juvenile justice
- Taught by trained teachers who are also the parents of children with emotional or behavioral difficulties
Thursday evenings, 6:30 – 9:00 pm, October 4 – November 8
Deerfield Village Hall, Deerfield, IL
Call 847-716-2252 for info and to register. Commitment to attend the entire six-week course is required.